Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dining Room

The progress of the dining room.  This room is the center of the house.  The first room you see from the front door the room you walk through 100 times a day from the living room to the kitchen, down the hall, etc. etc.  It had to be fixed and fixed FAST!  Not to mention I could not look at this wallpaper for long!  So thanks to my most wonderful sister flying all the way from Texas the wallpaper came down.   I planned Mary Margo's Birthday party and in one weeks time we got very busy and fixed the dining room.  


With this old house, we have to prime all the walls before we can paint them.  We ripped up the carpet to find nice hardwood floors underneath.  It is also in all the bedrooms.  So all the carpet will eventually come up and be gone.  


Here is the finished room.   Minus a new light fixture.  I just can't make up my mind.  We finished this room before Mary Margo's birthday and are now working on the room behind the french doors.  It is going to be our music room.  Dusty and I are very excited about this room.  We have big plans for all the guitars, drum set, and piano.  We got the first coat of paint on this weekend and hung the doors.  I will post more when we are done.

No comments: